In this era of science, we can’t stay away from gathering knowledge of science and technology. There are so many renowned public and private educational institutions, which are offering courses related to science and technology in Bangladesh. BUET admission is the best from these institutions.
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) is the top engineering University of Bangladesh. It is situated in the heart of Dhaka city. BUET is a very famous institution for studying Engineering, Architecture, and Urban planning. It is a cherished dream of every student who wants to pursue their education in this sector to become graduate from this university. But because of the limited seat, only a few students can get admission in this University. Every year BUET produces some best engineers for the whole world. A lot of BUETIAN currently working or researching the world. Studying at BUET is a dream.
Why you will take BUET Admission
BUET- Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology is a public university in Bangladesh, which established in 1876. During that year, its name was ‘ Survey School’. Later the authority changed the name into Ahsanullah School of engineering in 1908. In 1947, the institution started to offer four years of bachelor’ s course in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering under the University of Dhaka. That was the reason for changing its name again into Ahsanullalh Engineering College, University of Dhaka. In 1962, the college was upgraded to East Pakistan University of Engineering and Technology (EPUET) to offer a post-graduation course to the students. Again, the Government of Independent Bangladesh renamed it into Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) IN 1971. Now it has placed 175th in ASIA in 2019.
- Location: Dhaka
- Chancellor: President of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh (President Abdul Hamid at present)
- Vice-Chancellor: Saiful Islam
- Campus Type: Urban, includes an area of 19.37 acres
- Language: English
- Motto: The ocean of knowledge
- Affiliated to: UGC
- Students: 9234
- Academic staffs: 579
- Administrative staffs: 1338
- Website: www. buet. ac. bd
- Convocations: BUET arranged it’s the first convocation in 1973. Till now convocations held in 1976, 1992, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011, and 2019.
Programs that BUET offers to Admit
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B. sc. Engg.)
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning (BURP)
- Bachelor of Architecture (Arch)
- Master of Science in Engineering (M. sc. Engg)
- Master of Engineering (M. Engg.)
There are five faculties and 18 departments. Except for the Department of Humanities, all other departments offer post-graduation courses to the scholars. Per semester, the students get five subjects in each department. It takes four years to complete graduation courses and one year to complete post-graduation courses.
- Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
The faculty has three departments:
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME)
- Faculty of Architecture and Planning
It has three departments:
- Depart of Architecture (Arch)
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
- Department of Humanities (Hum)
- Faculty of Engineering
There are seven departments in this faculty:
- Department of Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering (MME)
- Department of Chemistry (Chem.)
- Department of Mathematics (Math)
- Department of Glass and Ceramic Engineering (GCE)
- Department of Physics (Phys)
- Department of Petroleum and Mineral Resources (PMRE)
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
It has three departments:
- Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NAME)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Department of Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
There are two departments:
- Department of Water Resources Engineering (WRE)
- Department of Civil Engineering (CE)
Eligibility of BUET Admission Test:
To participate in the BUET admission test, students have to fulfill some conditions. The conditions are given below:
- Only the students, who obtain minimum CGPA 4.00 out of 5.00 in both SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent can apply for BUET Admission Test.
- Irregular students SSC/ HSC can’t apply for the admission test.
- The students have to get CGPA 5. 00 in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry in both SSC/ HSC Examinations.
- Foreign applicants have to submit their certificates of 12 years of education in a foreign institution.
The requirement for post-graduation courses:
- Interested applicants have to have CGPA 2. 50 out of 4. 0 or minimum 50% marks in B. sc. in the relevant branches.
Process of applying for admission test
Students have to follow some rules to apply in BUET. Firstly, they have to fill up the online application form on the official website of BUET. If they fill-up the form correctly, they get a serial no. By using this serial no. they must pay a charge for application via SMS by using Teletalk mobile number. When the SMS is sent successfully, authority sends him/ her another SMS which contains the applicant’s name and a PIN of 6 digits. Then, they have to type BUET <> YES <> PIN CODE and send it to 16222 numbers. In this way, students apply for BUET Admission Test.
Then according to the result, the best candidates are elected and are called for admission in a specific department according to their merit.
Facilities that BUET offers:
There is a huge central library in BUET, which has 124913 items of information materials. Every year the authority adds 1500 volumes to the library. BUET has eight residence halls for students. Besides, there is a large playground in BUET campus. The authority arranges Cricket, football and Hockey competition as a Part of annual sports programs. It creates a chance for students who want to research.
Missions of BUET:
BUET is going forward with a great mission of being a premier Technical University. So, it can offer proper knowledge of Science and Technology along, performing Research and innovation work in Engineering and Technology. It wants to produce the best Engineers, Planners, and Architects. It also wants to enrich Bangladesh in the field of Science and Technology so our country can cope with the modern world.