- The Institute Motto is Heaven’s Light is Our Guide
- Established on 1964
- Type is Public
- Chancellor presently President Abdul Hamid
- Vice-Chancellor is in charge of Prof. Dr. Md. Rafiqul Islam Sheikh
- Academic staff is around 254
- Students currently studying 3000 plus
- Medium of Instruction and Assessment in English
- Campus located at Urban, 152 acres (0.61 km²)
- Website : www.ruet.ac.bd
Academic Programs Offered:
This institute graduate-level mainly, M.Sc. Engineering, M. Engineering, M. Phil, and Ph.D. programs, and research are conducted in a qualitative manner, the university receives a significant number of international students and provides standard and higher study in this campus with the medium of English.
Here mentioned Undergraduate and Graduate Programs below-
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B.Sc. Engg.)
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning (BURP)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Master of Science in Engineering (M.Sc. Engg.)
- Master of Engineering (M. Engg.)
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate degrees which build in 14 departments including engineering and science. Every year lots of brilliant students are enrolled for the undergraduate program through a transparent admission test. In every department about 3000 thousand students are pursuing their higher study in this campus leading under-graduate and post-graduate with over 200 hundred expert faculty members.
Let’s look all faculty step by step below-
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Dept. of Industrial & Production Engineering (IPE)
- Dept. of Glass and Ceramic Engineering (GCE)
- Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering (MTE)
- Materials Science & Engineering (MSE)
- Dept. of Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Department of Chemical and Food Process Engineering (CFPE)
Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Dept. of Civil Engineering (CE)
- Dept. of Architecture (Architecture)
- Dept. of Urban & Regional Planning (URP)
- Building Engineering & Construction Management (BECM)
Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
- Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE)
Faculty of Applied Science and Humanities
- Dept. of Chemistry (Chem)
- Dept. of Mathematics (Math)
- Dept. of Physics (Phy)
- Dept. of Humanities (Hum)
The university collaborates its agreement with foreign universities to extend the research capabilities. Every year the students and faculty members submit their research paper for publishing world-class high impact peer-reviewed international journals.
All the graduates are ready to take challenges in the field of engineering, technology, research, leadership, management, etc on demand of national and global needs. A number of brilliant students and faculty members receive a fully-funded international scholarship for their higher study.
How to Apply for Admission:
This is very extremely competitive to admission in RUET. Students have to follow some procedure for admission Under Graduate and Post Graduate program is given below-
- Under Graduate Program:
- At first, Under Graduate program is annually reviewed and, improvements implemented on coming admission test regular basis.
- The admission test procedure is announced on the website available in due time.
- You need to pass H.S.C examinations then university receives the application.
- That is the application needs to fulfill admission requirement. The requirements are set by the admission committee.
- Admission committee search for the highest sum of the grade point of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English of H.S.C.
- The committee continues the priority process until the number of students equal to the authority has decided to allow for sit in the admission test.
- Usually, about ten times students of the total seat are allowed for admission test. When the entire department is done after the admission based on merit position and choice of the students.
- The list of valid candidates for the admission test is published in the notice board and university website.
- Every candidate collects their Roll number from the notice board or website with respect to their reserve Form number.
- At last candidates have to reserve the Roll number, and Form number in the admission test, and for future reference.
- Postgraduate Program
Here some application procedure for the postgraduate program of the university is given below-
- Applications for admission to the above programs are invited through regular means of advertisement (website: www.ruet.ac.bd) in April and October per year and received application through a prescribed application form.
- The admission committee in each department, as constituted by the respective PGAC. The admission committee will scrutinize the applications.
- All the eligible applicants may be required to appear at a written and/or oral test conducted by the admission committee. The committee, based on the admission test result, will approve a list of prospective postgraduate students for admission into the postgraduate program of the concerned department.
- The University set the time limit on payment of prescribed fees and other dues who are eligible for registered.
- Eligibility for the admission of foreign students in the aforementioned postgraduate programs is examined by the equivalence committee.
- On the recommendation of the appropriate PGAC, the rules for admission into postgraduate courses of the University may be amended from time to time by the Academic council through CASR.
- Departmental association fee is not more than BDT 500 per year (depending on the Dept.)
- And off campus living expenses is a bit higher than the above range and living/ Accommodation/miscellaneous (on campus) – Ranges BDT 3000-5000 per month.
- Actual living expenses will vary on each individual student’s lifestyle depending on the quality of the dormitory.
Every year academic cost is $40 (2800 Taka) approx in all departments. Admission cost is $213 (18,000Taka) approx including academic cost (admission, session, registration and student fees), medical costs, library, sports, convocation (3500 Taka) and others expenditure and for one time in four years bachelor’s degree.
- The University creates space for supporting learning and research based on the educational institute.
- For enriching update knowledge through teaching, learning, research, innovative activities, partnerships and involvements of national and international communities.
- RUET represent the voice of develop and take lead role in the front of the world, and implement research and consultancy services in the industrial, educational and society based areas in line with various policy.
- RUET identify regional, national, and global needs and make a long-term project with academia and industry in national and international level.
- The institute skilled every student to the fullest extent so that they are intellectually capable to face ethical, social, and professional challenges in a sustainable manner and contributes in home and abroad.
- The university students assist with different activities national and international society to enhance technical skills, economic and research development.